1. I used to think to be a good leader you had to do everything all be yourself . Giving other people things to do makes you “weak” and “imposes on their time”. However, I am coming to realize that to be a good leader you have to learn to let other people take some responsibility.
2. Good leaders help people realize their potential. How are you supposed to do that if you never give anyone a chance to do anything?
3. Good leaders trust and believe that others around them are going to succeed until proven differently.
4. Your attitude and how you handle situations effect other people. How do you expect other people to stay calm if you can’t?
5. Be passionate about what you are doing.
6. If all you want to do is talk, then you are not being an effective leader. You have to have good listening and communication skills.
7. Always be setting an example. Character is who you are when none is watching.
8. What separates champions from those losers who no one remembers is the ability to flourish and succeed while in clutch situations. If chaos is in sight just keep your eye on the prize.
9. There is a fine line between confidence and conceitedness. Leaders have to be confident to get others to listen to them, but not cross the line.
10. Give credit where credit is due.